Field Service Technician, Loading Docks and Doors
IMPACT OF THIS ROLE:
The Technician is responsible for servicing customers with dock and door maintenance and installation. This position is critical to the success of DuraServ, the Technician ensures a safe environment, provides good customer service, and installs and maintains equipment and performs the functions of the job which ultimately increases the sales and the profitability of the company.
RESULTS MEASURED BY THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows daily schedule as defined by coordinator and reviews information input in tablet to ensure proactive understanding of work to be completed at client site.
- Announces themselves at client site for safety and security purposes.
- Performs maintenance and/or installs the following for DuraServ customers;
air bag levelers;
power and high-speed doors;
lift platforms/vertical lifts;
- Follows all operational procedures when installing and maintaining doors.
- Records time and notes in tablet once work is completed.
- Ensures a safe environment by monitoring the dock area and clearing debris, tools, and equipment.
- Follows all safety procedures and reports areas of opportunity to the Service Manager.
- Maintains truck to ensure it is in good working order and complies with DOT regulations.
- Forms strong working relationships within team.
- Accepts instruction and feedback to improve upon job functions.
- Follows established procedures for installations.
- Brings problems and solutions to the attention of the Service Manager; is willing to ask for help.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Displays initiative and a willingness to learn.
- Professional and presentable appearance.
- Energetic and flexible.
- Works well in a fast paced pressure oriented environment.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Results and goal oriented.
- Follows direction with focused attention.
- Exhibits sound judgment.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
- Identifies additional tasks to be completed and willingly assists others.
- Exhibits strong mechanical skills with a minimum of two+ years of technical experience.
High School Degree or Equivalent
- Commensurate with experience
- We offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, supplement insurance plans and a 401K with company match.